Aberrant
Please register to our forum with your Main character's name (for simplicity purposes). Very easy and only takes 2 minutes!

[ACCEPTED]Application: Rogue/Priest, Assassination, Disc and Holy respectively

Go down

[ACCEPTED]Application: Rogue/Priest, Assassination, Disc and Holy respectively

Post  Allemande on Sun 03 Apr 2011, 3:37 pm

What is your character name, spec and class?

The character names are Allemande and Argetta. Allemande is a rogue I've been playing since just before the end of BC. Argetta is a bit newer than that, about mid-Wrath, and is a priest. Allemande is spec'd assassination for PvE and Argetta is Disc and Holy specs.

Please give a link to your character's World of Warcraft armory page. Please make sure you are logged out in your raiding gear.

Allemande's Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/anvilmar/allemande/simple

Argetta's Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/anvilmar/argetta/simple

How old are you?

I'm 18 with a birthday of 07/19/1992.

Say something about yourself. What you do outside of raids, your hobbies, style of music, or just whatever. We are a very closely-knit group, we want our new members to be the same.

I'm attending college right now with an undecided major. There're just too many things that I might want to do, I need a little more time to narrow it down Wink I'm a musician and have been for eight years now. I got into music with the school symphonic band playing the trumpet in sixth grade and it just snowballed from there with me ending up in every school-related band possible and, toward the end of high school, joining up with a rock band which got me into singing. I started playing WoW about three years ago and never looked back Very Happy There's lots more that could be said, but for the sake of brevity I'll just leave this here: https://www.facebook.com/adamrobinson59

If you were a Justin Bieber song which one would you be and why?

Mmmmmm... I'll take option "D", none of the above.

Are you able to make the majority of the raids without a problem, not be late or leave early? (Note: Most raids are from 4:45-8:00 server time)

With the exception of thursday nights, yes. Thursdays don't work out as well as they could because I have a class that usually goes until 9 so I would end up being able to raid around 9:30 or shortly thereafter on those days.

What other guilds have you been with, with in the past year? Why did leave these guilds or want to leave them? (Note: all information is confidential)

I've been with <Alliance Crowd Control>, <Forgotten Soldiers> and most recently <Rampage>. I left <Alliance Crowd Control> because I was only in it with Allemande and I got burned out PvP'ing fairly quickly and had no intentions of leveling my rogue to max. I'm currently in <Rampage> with both Allemande and Argetta, and I'm interested in leaving because of the lack of actual raids that happen. I was in <Forgotten Soldiers> with both Allemande and Argetta, too, and I left because of a dispute with the GM and a few RL issues that sprung up all at once.

Do you have a reliable computer and internet connection that will not consistently disconnect you during a boss fight/raid?

Yes.

Do you have Ventrilo installed along with a working microphone and headset that does not create static in the background? Are you nervous in vent or have any trouble talking socially?

Yes to the first and no to the second.

Is there anyone we could contact on Anvilmar if we wanted to get further information on who you are or how you play? Why do you recomend this person?

I would suggest Jackurface and Nozekrusher for further information. I raided with them when I was still in <Forgotten Soldiers> and knew both of them in-game for about a year, give or take a month or so.

Do you understand that after this application we will contact you for a meeting in Ventrilo and place you under a two week trial basis if you are accepted?

Yes.

As a footnote, I'd just like to explain why I've applied with two characters.

They are both ready and able to raid, and I have a good amount of experience with both of them and would be comfortable in a raid environment. I wanted to apply with them both because I'm able and willing to play either one as my main and wanted to offer some options and diversity in my application.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Allemande
Aberrant Champion
Aberrant Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [ACCEPTED]Application: Rogue/Priest, Assassination, Disc and Holy respectively

Post  Shadowkiller on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 1:18 pm

Thanks for applying!

It seems like your personality would be a good fit for the guild.

A few question/comments...

I took a look at your rogue's armory (I'll let Haelyon, our resident priest, look over your priest's), and there are a few things I think you could improve on. Instead of pointing out specific things, I'll send you over to this link, which is a thread on elitist jerks. It is a reforger tool that will scan your characters equipment and tell you the optimal way to reforge your gear. Note that the tool takes into account EVERY possibility, so it could take quite a while (I've had it run for over a half hour on my laptop before generating an answer). The author of the program hasn't updated it in a while, but the EP values haven't really changed. You should also take a look at the assassination guide on elitist jerks for some tips for gemming/enchanting.

When you say you can't raid until 9:30 on Thursdays, is that server time? If so, that's past the time we'd be raiding anyway. Most of us live on the East Coast, so if that is in Eastern time, it won't be as much of a problem.

As to which character we'd need you to raid on, I can't really say for sure. On a day when everyone can raid, we have just enough people to fill the raid spots. It's common for one or two people to have a conflict on a raid night, since we're not a super-hardcore guild, so, if you are accepted, it's possible we may ask you to come on your rogue one night and your priest the next. As we get more comfortable as a raid group, you'd probably be able to settle in to one character as your main.

Anyway, after you've responded to these questions and a few other members have commented on your application, the next step would be for you to hop in vent with a few of us so we can get to know you. What times would be good for you?

Thanks!
Shadowkiller
Aberrant Overseer
Aberrant Overseer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [ACCEPTED]Application: Rogue/Priest, Assassination, Disc and Holy respectively

Post  Allemande on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 1:29 pm

Thanks for the response.

I'm currently in the process of installing and setting up that utility and I'll make changes as necessary once it's done its thing.

The time on Thursdays would be 9:30pm EST, sorry for the confusion.

I'm happy to raid on either of them, so changing out from night to night wouldn't be a problem at all.

As for the vent meeting, I think that sometime after noon on Monday-Wednesday would be best.

Looking forward to chatting with you more as the process goes on!

Thanks
Allemande
Aberrant Champion
Aberrant Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowkiller on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 4:28 pm

I can't speak for everyone else, but it seems like our best bet for a meeting would be Wednesday around 4:15 server, before our raid. This isn't final, and if other members could post if this time works for them, as well as input on the application, that would be great.

Thanks!
Shadowkiller
Aberrant Overseer
Aberrant Overseer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haelyon on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 12:13 pm

Hey there, and like Shadow said, thanks for applying. I apologize for the delay in responding about your priest, it's just been one of those weeks.

Anyways, both your specs and glyphs look good, tho with the upcoming time nerf to PW:B in 4.1 you might want to think of switching your glyph to Prayer of Healing since unfortunately, there's still a lot of spamming that.

The only real critiques I have are the suggestion to run some more heroics to upgrade your bracers, rings and 1st trinket (the spirit is nice, but the use is worthless in pve), getting your tailoring and enchanting up to cata levels for the embroidery and ring enchants, and even though it blows, grinding your Hyjal, Therazane and possibly Hellscream's Reach reps up to exalted. The head and shoulder enchants are pretty much must have and Mandala is a very similar but more useful trinket for you. Core of Ripeness from VPs is also pretty solid.

Good luck with the rest of the process
Haelyon
Aberrant Champion
Aberrant Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Allemande on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 12:39 pm

Thanks for the reply Haelyon.

The upgrades are some I've been working toward for a while, but RNG has hated me lately. I'll be chipping away at those sooner rather than later.

The rep is something I know I need to do for a third time now and I'll just have to suck it up and get it done, unfortunately.

Thanks again!
Allemande
Aberrant Champion
Aberrant Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Allemande on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 3:48 pm

Just wanted to check to see if we were planning for vent tonight at 4:15 server or if we have a different tentative time scheduled, assuming you're still planning on talking with me more.

Thanks!
Allemande
Aberrant Champion
Aberrant Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowkiller on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 4:26 pm

My internet connection has been down for the past few days, so it's been hard for me to get in touch with the rest of the guild, but if some other people could post here if 4:15 tonight is a good time for them, that would be great.
Shadowkiller
Aberrant Overseer
Aberrant Overseer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellsceam on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 5:38 pm

Ya that would work for me im pretty sure alot of us will be on. so if ur on for the meeting and need the Vent info wisper Hellsceam and ill give you the vent info
Hellsceam
Aberrant Defender
Aberrant Defender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Allemande on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 5:39 pm

Alright, sounds good. Thanks for the quick replies! Looking forward to chatting more with you all.
Allemande
Aberrant Champion
Aberrant Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haelyon on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 5:46 pm

Oooooo Hell, I was all set to give you a gold star for spelling all of the words in your post correctly, and then you screwed up "whisper" so now you just get a bozo the clown clown
Haelyon
Aberrant Champion
Aberrant Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowkiller on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 6:23 pm

Ok, sounds like a plan. I just got my connection all fixed, so I should be there, too. I'll private message you our vent info.
Shadowkiller
Aberrant Overseer
Aberrant Overseer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum